As an entrepreneur, it feels like there is no one in the world who has experienced the difficulties you face daily. Sometimes everything seems to be a grind: you have to balance your home and work life; you struggle with finances; you struggle with investors; you lose money; you get disappointed... And this happens in a single day!
However, it helps to remember that there are other businesspeople in the world who have managed to make it big, and many of them did not have it easy either.
Here are ten of the most inspirational quotes from successful businesspeople to inspire you not to give up and keep reaching for your dream:
1. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas Edison, credited with the invention of the light bulb, the motion picture camera, and the phonograph.
2. “If you’re hurt, lick our wounds and get up again. If you’ve given your absolute best, it’s time to move forward”. - Richard Branson, an English buinessman known best for the Virgin Group and for being worth US$5.1 billion.
3. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” - Michelle Obama, First Lady of the United States and a law graduate.
4. “The most successful businessman in the world is the man who holds onto the old just as long as it is good, and grabs the new just as soon as it is better.” - Lee Lacocca, was behind the development of the Ford Mustang and Pinto while working for the Ford Motor Company in the 1960s and revived Chrysler Corporation as its CEO in the ‘80s.
5. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” - Henry Ford, an American industrialist behind the assembly line technique of mass production. He revolutionised transportation and industry.
6. "To succeed, you have to belive in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality.” - Anita Roddick, the founder of The Body Shop.
7. “Doing a common thing uncommonly well brings success.” - Henry John Heinz, an American who founded the HJ Heinz Company, a food processing and packaging plant. He had more than 20 at the time of his death.
8. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” - Warren Buffett, the most successful investor in the world. He ranked as the world’s third wealthiest person in 2015.
9. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” - Steve Jobs, the late IT entrepreneur and inventor behind Apple Inc. credited with the revolution of personal computers, animated film, phones, tablet computing, music, and digital publishing.
10. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” - Oprah Winfrey, the star of the highest-rated talk show in history and North America’s first African American multibillionaire.
By Roane Swindon